GROUP VOLUNTEERING AT HABITAT
If you have a group that is interested in volunteering with Habitat and would like to have further information you can click on the link below or you can schedule a Habitat representative to come and speak to your group. Contact our office at 541-779-1983 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organize a special volunteer opportunity for your group, team or club by planning a Team Build. Team Builds with Habitat for Humanity provide a unique, fun and rewarding experience for any group. No previous construction skills required. Habitat will provide the tools and training you need for success.
Group construction tasks offer great opportunities to strengthen workplace skills.
Your work day will help your team:
· Build and strengthen relationships
· Create memories
· Improve communication
· Build trust
· Develop leadership skills
· Demonstrate your organization’s commitment to community
· Foster goodwill by helping others
By participating in a Team Build, your team will play an important role in helping to break the cycle of poverty, strengthen our community, and build a brighter future for a local family in need.
What does the Team Building program consist of?
From $250 to $100,000, the Team Build program offers a customizable opportunity for you to organize this memorable and impactful day of service for your business, team or club.
1) SUPPORT: The Team Building program is an opportunity for Jackson County businesses, groups, clubs and organzations to use their pledges, gifts, and talents to house families in the area. We understand that businesses range both in size and their ability to financially support this mission. Habitat for Humanity wants to extend an invitation to anyone who is interested in supporting our mission.
2) LABOR: Over 2,000 hours of volunteer labor goes into the building of one Habitat home. Team Builders are asked to provide volunteer construction crews. Volunteers can be skilled or unskilled. Must be 16 years of age or older to volunteer on our construction sites.