Our vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live
Our mission statement: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
About Habitat for Humanity Rogue Valley:
Habitat for Humanity Rogue Valley is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seems to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope. Habitat for Humanity Rogue Valley is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action for all.
All are welcome
Habitat for Humanity Rogue Valley has an open-door policy: All who believe that everyone needs a decent, affordable place to live are welcome to help with the work, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, political views or any of the other distinctions that too often divide people. In short, Habitat welcomes volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds and also serves people in need of decent housing regardless of race or religion. As a matter of policy, Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations do not proselytize. This means that Habitat will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must either adhere to or convert to a particular faith, or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.
About Habitat for Humanity International
Founded in Americus, Georgia, USA, in 1976, Habitat for Humanity today operates around the globe and has helped build, renovate and repair more than 600,000 decent, affordable houses sheltering more than 3 million people worldwide.
ReStore Home Improvement Center This 13,000 square foot facility offers new and quality used home improvement and building supplies to the public at greatly reduced prices. The ReStore also carries furniture, paint, household items, miscellaneous house decor, office supplies, even children’s toys. Inventory changes daily!!! Because our operation recycles thousands of pounds of materials each year, we also help reduce the load in our local landfill.
*The ReStore’s net profits fund construction projects in Jackson County*
- The Rogue Valley ReStore began operations in 2003.
- On average 100,000 pounds of materials are kept from the landfill each month because of the RV ReStore.
- ReStore items are sold at approximately 50% or more below retail value.
- Over 50,000 items are donated annually to our Medford location.
- The Medford ReStore is one of approximately 700 Habitat stores located nationally.
- The ReStore operates with limited staff, volunteers are necessary to operate the store.
- Habitat’s partner homeowners may earn sweat equity by volunteering in the ReStore.
- The ReStore does not sell item on consignment, or purchase any of the inventory.
- Habitat’s ReStore does pickups of donation material upon request.
- When donating to the ReStore, we will be happy to give you a receipt to make your donation tax deductible.