Critical Home Repair for Veterans!
Rogue Valley Habitat for Humanity in partnership with Home Depot can now make critical home repairs and modifications to the existing homes of United State Veteran families in need!
Candidates must meet the following criteria which are based on the applicants Need, Willingness to Partner and their Ability to repay an interest free loan for the services rendered:
Qualifying Veterans mush have proof of an honorable discharge or still currently serving in the Armed Forces.
- The home must be owned or be the primary residence for the qualifying Veteran and be located within Jackson County with active homeowners insurance policy in place.
- Applicant or a designated volunteer from the family must commit to investing in sweat equity hours.
- Household must demonstrate an ability to repay the total cost of repairs at 0% interest for materials and any paid labor if required for the repair. Most labor will be volunteer. The maximum amount allotted will be $15,000 and an estimated repayment plan will be approved by both Rogue Valley Habitat for Humanity and the applicant prior to approval.
- Applicant must commit to allowing before/after photos and to providing a brief bio for Public Relations and promotional purposes for this program.
- The household income may not exceed 80% of the median income.
What is Critical Home Repair?
Critical Home Repair is extensive interior or exterior work performed to alleviate critical health, life and safety issues or code violations. Critical Home Repairs include a change to or repair of materials or components, a reconfiguration of space, a modification for accessibility, or the installation of extension of plumbing or mechanical or electrical systems on an existing structure.
Examples include: roofs, steps, doors, siding, electric, furnace, weatherization, hot water heater, ramps, accessible kitchen, accessible bathroom, and other accommodations for disability.
Watch our Development Director, Sarah Naumes Primerano discuss the program on KOBI- 5 http://www.kobi5.com/features/five-on-5/item/sarah-naumes-primerano-rv-habitat-for-humanity-2.html
Veteran Applications are currently being accepted.
If you are interested in applying, or would like someone to apply please fill out this Hammers for Heroes Application. Applications can also be picked up at the Habitat for Humanity office. The application can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 541-772-2808 or delivered to the Habitat for Humanity office at 2233 S. Pacific Hwy. Medford